5 Places To Buy Cheap Cleveland Cavs Tickets
Have you ever watched a Cavs game and wondered how you too can find tickets to see a game at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse?
Well, I’m going to tell you exactly where you can go (today) to buy the cheapest available Cleveland Cavs tickets. It doesn’t matter if you’ve been to countless games or this will be your first, after reading this guide you will come away with a better understanding of Cavs tickets than anyone you know!
I’ve bought and sold tickets to sporting events for the better part of my life so I can definitely help you how to avoid bad deals. Every word of this guide is true and has taken me 15+ years to discover exactly what I am going to reveal to you.
Alright enough small talk, lets talk Cavs tickets!
- 5 Places To Find Cheap Cleveland Cavs Tickets
Primary Market Tickets vs. Secondary Market Tickets
Before telling you where to find the best deals on Cleveland Cavs tickets, I’ve got to explain the difference between the Primary Market and Secondary Market. Failing to understand the difference could cost you lots of money!
Primary Market Tickets
The Primary Market tickets are tickets that are sold by the team, arena or stadium. If possible this is the first place you want to look for tickets, because these are potentially the cheapest they will ever get. Knowing the original price of the tickets will allow you to determine whether or not a deal is good if you have to purchase Secondary Market tickets. More about those in a second.
In general, Primary Market ticket prices do not fluctuate. Once this original price is set by the team it remains that price regardless of whether the event is popular or not.
Primary Market tickets also go by the name “Face Value” tickets. Face Value refers to the price that is stamped on the ticket.
Secondary Market Tickets
Secondary Market tickets are tickets that are being resold.
Essentially someone has purchased tickets from the Primary Market (the team, arena, stadium, etc) and now they are reselling those tickets to you. Typically at a higher price than what they paid!
Unlike the Primary Market, Secondary Market tickets do fluctuate. You rarely ever pay the face value that is stamped on the ticket because the seller wants to make a profit.
If someone refers to tickets as “resell” or “scalped” they are referring to Secondary Market tickets.
All that being said Secondary Market tickets shouldn’t be immediately dismissed. When a game is played during a weekday or if many people aren’t interested in going you will find that Secondary Market ticket prices will often drop below the face value price.
Now that you know the difference between Primary and Secondary Market tickets, I’ll show you where to buy cheap Cleveland Cavs tickets.
5 Places To Find Cheap Cleveland Cavs Tickets
1. Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse (Primary Market)
The first place to look for cheap Cleveland Cavs tickets is the Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse. Cavs tickets sold here are considered Primary Market tickets.
You can purchase Cavs tickets from Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse in 3 ways:
- Online at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse Center
- By phone (216) 420-2000
- At the Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse Box Office located at 1, Center Court, Cleveland, OH 44115
One of the benefits of purchasing Cavs tickets from the Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse Box Office is you do not pay service fees. Tickets purchased online or over the phone will come with service fees.
If you choose to purchase tickets online or via phone your tickets will be digital and you will have to download the Flashseats App to access them. More about Flashseats next.
Pros of buying from Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse
- You are buying Primary Market tickets, essentially the cheapest you will find.
- Save even more money by purchasing tickets at the box office because there are no fees included there.
- They are guaranteed because you are buying from the venue.
Cons of buying from Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse
- Tickets generally do not fluctuate. If there is a weekday game against Orlando and tickets are not selling, the prices will not drop.
2. Flashseats (Secondary Market)
If Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse is sold out, your next option should be Flashseats. They are a Secondary Market website, however, they are also partnered with the Cleveland Cavs.
You won’t find another Secondary Market website with a larger inventory of Cavs tickets than Flashseats. The reason being is it’s much easier to resell Cavs tickets on Flashseats than anywhere else.
Another great thing about Flashseats is your tickets are essentially guaranteed. There is no way for a fan to double sell tickets on Flashseats, so once the tickets hit your Flashseats account no one else has access to those tickets.
Pros of buying from Flashseats
- It’s a Secondary Market website, however, they are the official partner of the Cavs.
- If you must go to the Secondary Market, Flashseats has the largest inventory of Cavs tickets which often makes them the cheapest option.
- Tickets are essentially guaranteed because they are immediately transferred to you.
- The easiest way to sell your Cavs tickets if you cannot go to your game.
Cons of buying from Flashseats
- If you are not comfortable with technology downloading and using the Flashseats app may be intimidating. Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse staff will, however, help you if you have trouble using the app.
3. Tickpick (Secondary Market)
Tickpick is another option for cheap Cavs tickets.
The thing that I love most about Tickpick is they do not charge any fees to buyers. And when I say “any fees” I MEAN ZERO!
Another way to score cheap Cleveland Cavs tickets is using Tickpick’s bid feature.
Essentially you pick the number of tickets, where you’d like to sit and name your price per ticket. If a seller likes your offer, Tickpick will notify you that your bid was accepted.
The only drawback of buying Cavs tickets from Tickpick (and other Secondary Market sites) is waiting for the seller to transfer tickets to your Flashseats app. No matter where you purchase digital tickets from (Tickpick, Stubhub, etc) you will need the Flashseats app. If you are purchasing tickets last minute, your seller needs to be paying attention to his emails in order to transfer the tickets to you in time.
Pros of buying from Tickpick
- Buyers pay NO fees. The price you see is what you pay.
- The bidding feature allows you to name your price. Set ridiculously low price for lower-level seats and see if a seller bites.
Cons of buying from Tickpick
- You must wait until the seller transfers the ticket to your Flashseats app.
4. Stubhub (Secondary Market)
Your next option for Cavs tickets is Stubhub.
In most cases, Stubhub cannot match the ticket prices of the options above, however, they do have solid customer service, a brand that people trust and the Price Alert feature.
The Price Alert allows you to set the price you are willing to pay and once/if tickets match your price, you will receive an email.
Pros of buying from Stubhub
- Great customer service
- Strong brand. They have been around for nearly 25 years
- The Price Alert feature
Cons of buying from Stubhub
- The price you initially see does not include fees. Be sure to set your filters to “Show prices with estimated fees”.
- Just like Tickpick, when you purchase Cleveland Cavs tickets from Stubhub you must wait until the seller transfers ticket to your Flashseats App.
- Typically more expensive than Flashseats or Tickpick
5. Seatgeek (Secondary Market)
Seatgeek is a resell ticket site that collects the best deals from resell ticket sites and brings them to you.
Another unique Seatgeek feature is their rating system. They use a 1 – 10 scale with 10 being the highest as well as colored dots. The greener the dot the better the deal.
Price-wise if I had to compare Seatgeek with another Secondary Market site, Stubhub would be a close comparison. The only difference is the Seatgeek website design is less “busy” than Stubhub making it easier to navigate IMO.
Pros of buying from Seatgeek
- This site is beautiful and easy to navigate.
- The green dots really make you feel like you are getting an awesome deal.
- Their rating system helps you to distinguish the good deals from the bad.
Cons of buying from Seatgeek
- More expensive Secondary Market tickets than Flashseats or Tickpick.
- After purchasing, you must wait until your seller transfers the tickets to your Flashseats app
There are literally 1000s of ticket sites out there, but don’t overwhelm yourself with trying to search them all. Despite the different web design, the tickets and prices on these sites are nearly identical.
To be honest all you need to search for cheap Cleveland Cavs tickets is Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse, Flashseats and Tickpick. If you cannot find a deal you like after searching these 3, you likely won’t find tickets any cheaper elsewhere.
- 5 Legit Websites To Buy Cheap New Orleans Pelicans Tickets - March 9, 2020
- 5 Legit Websites To Buy Cheap Minnesota Timberwolves Tickets - March 9, 2020
- 6 Legit Websites To Buy Cheap Denver Nuggets Tickets - March 9, 2020